Becoming a Member
Becoming a member of ARDA means becoming a key player in deciding ARDA policy on pan-African downstream developments – with respect to commercial, socio-economic and environmental factors.
ARDA Membership is open to the following entities:
- Oil refining companies operating in Africa. A refinery is defined as a plant that processes industrial raw materials (crude oil, coal or gas) for the production of petroleum products (including bitumen and petrochemicals).
Legal entities carrying out activities in Africa covering the import, storage, transport, distribution and regulation of petroleum products.
Legal entities mentioned above must either:
- Have an import terminal and/or control a significant share of national imports,
- Operate a distribution network of significant size in a national market,
- Operate a land or sea transport business of crude oil, petroleum products and chemicals of a certain importance in relation to national demand, or
- Assume responsibility for the regulation and control of the refining, import, storage, transport or distribution of petroleum products.
PLEASE NOTE: Admission of members to ARDA is the responsibility of the ARDA Executive Committee on the recommendation of the ARDA Executive Secretary. Companies that do not meet the above criteria are free to join ARDA as a sponsor.
To receive more information on ARDA membership, please complete the form below.
In order to start the membership process, please contact email@example.com.
Benefits of Membership
Be a key player in deciding ARDA policy on pan-African downstream developments – respecting commercial, socio-economic and environmental factors
Take part in ARDA WEEK – the definitive meeting place for downstream oil in Africa
Have the right to vote and participate at the ARDA Annual General Meeting
Nominate participants in ARDA Workgroups
Participate in training programmes
Invitations and free participation to industry seminars throughout the year
Share experiences and benefit from unique networking opportunities with regional, pan-African and international companies
Access to the ARDA African Downstream Database offering data on supply/ demand, specifications, facilities and pump prices
- Participate in studies
- Access to ARDA Library