The ARDA HSE Management System will be used to deploy a structured approach to identifying hazards, implementing required mitigants and ensuring compliance with all safety, security, health and environmental laws and regulations. The ARDA HSE Management System encompasses the objectives, procedures, resources and Verification & Feedback Mechanism to determine that desired results are being achieved.
The ARDA HSE Management System is intended to be used alongside each Member’s existing HSE practices to strengthen and deliver world-class procedures.
- The HSE missions formerly integrated into the RHSEQ WG are now supported separately in this WG which is dedicated exclusively to them, given the clear interest in securing the downstream oil infrastructures as well as possible,
- preserving the health of the populations the environment
- Deploy a structured approach for the identification of industrial hazards,
- Contribute to the overall compliance with the required standards in terms of safety, security, health and the environment.
- Contribute and monitor the implementation of HSE programs and systems
- Contribute to the development of verification and feedback mechanisms in terms of implementation.
- Share HSE best practices and experiences of accidents and incidents
- Contribute to the evaluation of operational HSE systems and suggest their upgrade and application
- The contribution with the WGs concerned, to works and workshops dedicated to product quality and their impact in terms of HSE
- The organization of specific seminars and the use of experts to share knowledge and good practices
- The organization of HSE and Security audits at the level of the infrastructures of the African oil downstream and personalized feedback of the results of the audits carried out.
- Training on HSE standards and the use of subject matter experts
- Develop and implement the quinquennial and 10-year strategic plans in line with the ARA’s mission to serve as Africa’s “Leader for the Transition to Cleaner Fuels”
- Track and monitor the roadmap’s action plan
- Identify in partnership the themes and topics of common interest for the organization of events : Forum, workshops..
- Develop and implement an annual program for SSE quarterly meetings.
- Ensure leadership and conduct of meetings in the WG’s terms of reference
- Identifying ways to implement strategic objectives
Process Manager at INDENI Petroleum Refinery Ltd (Zambia)
- 25 years of experience in mining and oil industries, including Agip Petroli (Italy) and Total (France, UK & Kenya)
- Served as Member of Technical Committee on Oil Standards in Zambia (1998-2003)
- Various performance training courses in refining technologies, refining economics, energy savings and oil catalyst management
- B. Eng (Hons) Chemical Engineering – University of Birmingham (UK)
- MBA – University of Hull (UK)
- Member of the ARDA Executive Committee (as representative of Director-General of INDENI Refinery)
- Deputy Leader of new Refining & Specifications WG
- Leader of Specifications WG since March 2019
Head of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Structure at SIR (Côte d’Ivoire)
- Refinery Supervisor and Safety Engineer.
- Chief Operator of HSK /SMB Complexes at SIR
- Coordinator, International Security Assessment System (SIES),
- SIR Secondee
- HSE Manager at TOTAL Exploration & Production, Cote d’Ivoire
- Coordinator, SIR Danger Studies at ERM-France
- Member, Ivorian Refining Society (SIR)
- Master of Science & Technology – National Conservatory of Arts & Crafts
- Master HSEQ – Institute of Industrial Hygiene-Environment of Picardy